Here are a few things to help introduce Laurin (in no particular order):
- Chick-fil-A, In-N-Out Burger, and Chili’s . . . yes, please! And anything his wife cooks.
- In his own words, "God blessed me with an amazing wife, Sheri."
- Married since 1992; they met at Manhattan Christian College, Manhattan, Kansas.
- His children are gifts from God. Graham Alexander (1998); Claire Elizabeth (2002).
- Laurin has Bachelor’s degrees from Manhattan Christian College (1994) and Kansas State University (1994), and a Master’s degree from Azusa Pacific University (2009).
- He is undoubtedly a dreamer.
- First and foremost, Laurin is a lead-worshipper.
- Laurin has served in churches from 100 to 2,100 in Manhattan, Kansas; Amarillo, Texas; Beaverton, Oregon; and Lincoln, Illinois.
- He was born and raised in Dalhart, Texas; the youngest of four.
- Laurin's favorite scripture is Philippians 1:6, “Being confident of this very thing, he who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it until the coming of Christ Jesus.”
- He and his family have lived in their 100 year-old house in Lincoln, Illinois, since 2010. They have a black lab . . . Bishop.
- Laurin loves to snow ski, design things, and home improvement.
- Laurin is a rabid high school and college sports fan; especially the Texas Tech Red Raiders and the Kansas State Wildcats.
- Laurin loves to travel; he has been to 42 states and ten countries.
- While living in SoCal during grad school, the Hills went to Disneyland, a lot. Laurin even sang there twice.
- One of Laurin's favorite things is to take students on choir tour.
- He leads the Sanctuary and Fellowship Center services weekly, conducts four choirs, oversees two other choirs, conducts the handbells, and the occasional orchestra.
- Laurin was named after his great uncle who was born in 1888.