To all members of the community served by Lincoln Christian Church—
Lincoln Christian Church abhors and rejects all forms of racism, discrimination, and hate!
You may have thought that racism is not a relevant topic for Lincoln. But just recently, hundreds of peacefully protesting people marched up McLean Street past our church campus to address racism. The Lincoln community has struggled with divisive race issues. Some have been victims. Some have been guilty of racism, occasionally without even realizing it. Lincoln Christian Church stands with our Lord against racism!
Lincoln Christian Church must be salt and light in our community to bring about real change. Several scriptures guide our convictions:
- “For He himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.” Ephesians 2:14
- “Then Peter replied, I see very clearly that God doesn’t show partiality. In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right.” Acts 10:34-35
- “But if you show favoritism, you commit sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.” James 2:9
- “If someone says, ‘I love God,’ but hates his brother or sister, that person is a liar; and the love of God is not in Him.” I John 4:20
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
The Leadership Team of Lincoln Christian Church