Ron Otto and his wife Bonnie began ministry with Lincoln Christian Church in 2006. The Otto’s have two daughters and twin sons who are adults now and believing Christians. They also are proud grandparents. Ron is a graduate of Great Lakes Christian College and holds a Master of Ministry degree from Kentucky Christian University.
Ron is best described as a man who loves life and longs for adventure. Ron is an advanced scuba diver, bow hunter, skier, mountain hiker, and white water rafter. Ron has dived with sharks, rides four wheelers regularly, and has bungee jumped . . . once! (He is not fearless, . . .he just acts like it!)
Ron has a great passion and talent for preaching and is a gifted story teller. As a member once said of him, "Ron could get you excited about getting a haircut!” Ron has a huge heart for people, especially those who are lost, disconnected, and investigating Christianity. Everyone always feels welcomed when they have had a moment with Ron.
Brandon has served as the Minister of Adult Discipleship at Lincoln Christian Church since 2006. His passion is to see people grow in their faith and live out their Christian faith every day in every area of life. He loves helping people discover their God-given ministry potential.
Brandon holds a Master of Divinity degree as well as a Master of Arts (Christian Theology) from Lincoln Christian Seminary. He continues to serve on the Lincoln Christian University Alumni Council, and is a past-president of the Lincoln Christian University Alumni Association.
Brandon is married to his wife Sarah, and has two school-age daughters. In his free time he enjoys spending time with his family, reading, and running 5k's. Brandon roots for the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears, and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. One little known fact about Brandon is that he can start a campfire with flint and steel.
Zach Ramsey began serving at Lincoln Christian Church in May 2009 as a Student Ministry Associate. In September 2012, he became the Student Minister Team Leader. Zach has been a part of this church since he moved here in the 7th Grade. He holds a BA in Youth Ministry from Lincoln Christian University and is currently working on an MA in Leadership at Lincoln Christian University.
Zach loves teaching Jr. High and High School Students how to become curious, discerning disciples of Jesus Christ. His goal is to equip students with the tools they need to journey with Christ and to be His Kingdom Workers for the rest of their lives.
Zach is married to Betsy, his high school sweetheart. Zach is passionate about the Boston Red Sox, Chicago Blackhawks, and soccer, especially the USA Men’s National Team and Chelsea FC in England. Zach’s favorite way to spend time is to get lost in a great book.
Marcia, a native of Pike Country Illinois where everything is “green and has hills” has served in a variety of educational settings with children, including pastor’s wife, preschool education for at risk children, Director of Education for Birth through Adults, and Youth and Children’s Ministry.
She loves kids and families and watching them grow together! She loves the “ah-ha” moment when the Gospel story comes to life for kids! She believes it a great honor to serve Jesus with the best people on earth -“passionate kid’s volunteers” who are willing to do what it takes to introduce kids to Jesus and help them grow! She is inspired by this quote: “Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, Expect more than others think is possible.”
Marcia enjoys spending time with her husband Barney, and adult daughters Christi and Sarah. You may find them shopping, traveling, checking out an historic site or playing a mean game of Bananagrams or Foosball!
Here are a few things to help introduce Laurin (in no particular order):
- Chick-fil-A, In-N-Out Burger, and Chili’s . . . yes, please! And anything his wife cooks.
- In his own words, "God blessed me with an amazing wife, Sheri."
- Married since 1992; they met at Manhattan Christian College, Manhattan, Kansas.
- His children are gifts from God. Graham Alexander (1998); Claire Elizabeth (2002).
- Laurin has Bachelor’s degrees from Manhattan Christian College (1994) and Kansas State University (1994), and a Master’s degree from Azusa Pacific University (2009).
- While Laurin does not particularly enjoy reading, he loves magazines, especially Better Homes and Gardens, This Old House, and Old House Journal.
- He is undoubtedly a dreamer.
- First and foremost, Laurin is a lead-worshipper.
- Laurin has served in churches from 100 to 2,100 in Manhattan, Kansas; Amarillo, Texas; Beaverton, Oregon; and Lincoln, Illinois.
- He was born and raised in Dalhart, Texas; the youngest of four.
- Laurin's favorite scripture is Philippians 1:6, “Being confident of this very thing, he who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it until the coming of Christ Jesus.”
- He and his family have lived in their 100 year-old house in Lincoln, Illinois, since 2010. They have two black labs . . . Bishop and Kelsey.
- Laurin loves to snow ski, work in the garden, design things, and home improvement.
- Laurin is a rabid high school and college sports fan; especially the Texas Tech Red Raiders and the Kansas State Wildcats.
- Laurin loves to travel; he has been to 40 states and ten countries.
- While living in SoCal during grad school, Laurin went to Disneyland, a lot. He even sang there twice. Current score: Disneyland 49 | Disney World 8.
- One of Laurin's favorite things is to take students on choir tour.
- He leads the Sanctuary and Fellowship Center services weekly, directs four choirs, oversees three other choirs, as well as handbells, and the occasional orchestra.
- Laurin was named after his great uncle who was born in 1888.
Jeff Hill has been on staff since late 2014. Jeff was born and raised in Muskegon, Michigan and moved to Illinois for further education. Jeff first accrued a bachelor’s degree from Lincoln Christian University and is currently working on a Master of Arts in counseling at the same institution. Jeff is married to Abigayle, whom he met while in their senior year of high school. Some of Jeff’s hobbies are:
- Spending time with family and friends
- Music, playing guitar, and going to concerts
- Spending time in nature--especially at lake Michigan!
- Playing Golf
- Watching college football--especially the Michigan Wolverines!
- Listening to vinyl records
- Playing card games
Chase grew up in Webb City/Joplin, MO right in the heart of the "Bible Belt." He met his wife Ariel by taking the seat behind her in his first 7:00 a.m. undergrad course and the rest is history—wedding, first daughter, move, second daughter, move, and now the family resides in Lincoln, IL. He adores his daughters Elise and Annistyn and relishes the opportunity to be their model of the Father (Heb. 12:7-11).
Chase holds a Bachelor's of Theology in the NT from Ozark Christian College, Joplin, MO. He is currently completing a Master of Divinity (NT) and Master of Arts (NT) from Lincoln Christian Seminary. Chase has worked in food business, banking, and from the pulpit. He loves to teach and schedule, write and organize data. Chase, moreover, has a duel passion for the church and the Bible; in his words, "you cannot truly love one without the other, they flow both ways."
When not working or researching, Chase loves to relax to a long board game (Monopoly or Catan), short jog, competitive pick-up game, or settle in for the latest release of a book-turned-movie series with his wife.
Jenni Kascel (pronounced like castle) was born right here in Lincoln but grew up just a hop, skip and a jump away outside of Heyworth, IL growing up with amazing parents, an awesome brother and a lot of fun animals. She went to Lincoln Christian College (now LCU, then LCC; not to be confused with our LCC – Lincoln Christian Church) and majored in Music Ministry. Jenni still loves music and playing the piano but also has many other interests and passions, such as, anything related to people, movies, books, art, languages, traveling, and the outdoors. Currently Jenni serves as the Administrative Assistant for all things youth related here at LCC, which in her opinion is amazing to serve, as a self-proclaimed behind the scenes kind of gal! But if you need to find her, she is easily accessible in the Church Office during the week or at the Youth Info Desk (back of the Welcome Center) on Sunday mornings!